A-Bomb Dome (Hiroshima Prefecture Industrial Promotion Hall)
Jan Letzel
- Outline
- Completed in 1915, the building was used as the Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Promotion Hall until it was damaged by the atomic bomb on August 6, 1945. After the war, a resolution was passed to preserve the building in 1966 after long discussions. The following year, the first conservation work was carried out, and after structural development and strength tests, cracks were glued with resin press-in, walls were raised, and reinforced with metal and steel frames.
- Location
- Hiroshima
- Journal
- Shinkenchiku 2025:08
- Related Link
- Shop
- Special Link
- Matrix of 100 Years of Architecture(The 100th Anniversary of Shinkenchiku)
- Previous Categories
- Mourning ArchitectureUrbanism Before and During the War
- Category
- Memories of War
- Next Categories
- Confronting Disaster
- Decade
- 1940s
- Thema