Reconstruction plan of Mercian's flagship winery. The site is divided into two parts by the Miyakoen (1888), the remains of the first brewery. On the southern site, the second brewery, built in 1904, is renovated and preserved as a wine museum, and a new wine gallery is built opposite it. On the northern site, the 1970s office building was renovated as a visitor center and the winemaking facilities were upgraded. The design of the wine gallery is based on the motif of "bundle stakes" supporting the vineyard.
  • Yamanashi
Shinkenchiku December 2010 issue
Related Link
Read monthly critiqueShop